Journal of Applied Intelligent Systems & Information Sciences (JAISIS) is to publish peer-reviewed high-quality original papers regarding different streams of information science coupled with artificial intelligence-powered solutions. The main thrust of the journal concentrates on the practical and unique cases while the innovative theoretical concepts with potential application are the next major priority for publication. The main scope of the journal can be divided into five categories with the same priority for publication.
- The first category includes integrated information systems which provide sustainable business solutions. In this category enterprise resource planning in general, and distinctive presentations of its constituting modules such as logistics and supply chain, quality management, maintenance, health, safety and environment (HSE) in particular, are considered. An in-depth system analysis to streamline the key functions of service/manufacturing units with respect to business process re-engineering falls into this category as well.
- The next category takes into account advanced concepts related to artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics. In fact, engineering utilizations of swarm intelligence and evolutionary computation, fuzzy sets and systems, Multi-agent systems, parallel computing, approximate reasoning and cognitive systems are also included in this category.
- The third category corresponds to data science with advancements in mathematical, statistical and computational methods to extract knowledge from large datasets. Moreover, the employment of data mining, big data, simulation, clustering techniques as well as cloud computing is desirable.
- The fourth category relates to interdisciplinary state-of-the-art information technology applications such as Internet of Things (IoT), smart cities, blockchain, cyber-physical systems, smart manufacturing systems and industry 4.0. Papers investigating the changes of these emerging trends in the context of digital revolution and sustainable development are also considered.
- Finally, the fifth category focuses on the managerial insights which help dealing with the challenges of enterprise software development. Topics related to methodology and lessons-learned leading to effective change management, risk management and project management are among the favorable topics.